Because you’re investing in San Francisco as a business owner, we want to invest in you!
Being a small business owner is no easy task, but San Francisco is home to a wealth of resources and organizations that offer free services to help you achieve your vision and increase your odds of long-term business success. San Francisco Small Business Week is THE opportunity to connect with business resources, community leaders, and attend free workshops. Stand with city organizations and small business resources dedicated to your success!
Access workshops at the Small Business Conference all week! Check out the schedule of amazing topics below.
Find tools, resources and support at the Small Business Conference, held this year throughout the week to allow you even more access to a wide range of hands-on and valuable classes. Don’t see a topic you’re interested in? Let us know and we’ll try to book it for next year! And a special thank you to all of our volunteer instructors and sponsors for sharing their wealth of knowledge!
REGISTER FOR EVENTS
Founders Stories @ Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center
Tuesday, May 16 • 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Being a small business owner is more of a journey than a job. We’ve expanded this conference experience to a whole day offering where you can hear from successful entrepreneurs about their journey, lessons learned, and what it has taken for them to reach their level of success today. Featured business owners include: Keith Greggor, Co-Founder, Anchor Brewing Company; Kevin McCracken, Co-Founder & COO, Social Imprints, LLC; Monetta White, Owner, 1300 Fillmore; Ro Prakash & Nipul Patel, Founders, TownSquared; Carin Luna-Ostaseski, Sia Scotch; Robert Sanchez, Casa Sanchez Foods; and more!
Conference Workshops @ San Francisco SBA Entrepreneur Center
Monday, May 15
- 8:00 – 9:30 AM: How to Get Certified for Contracting
- 8:30 – 10:00 AM: Starting a Small Business: Legal Considerations
- 10:00 – 11:30 AM: Doing Business with Transportation Agencies: BART, SFMTA, SFO & Caltrans
- 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Startup Financing for Your Small Business
- 12:00 – 1:00 PM: Doing Business with Pacific Gas & Electric
- 12:30 – 2:00 PM: Who’s Your Jenny? How to Identify Your Target Market
- 1:30 – 2:30 PM: Doing Business with the State and Federal Government
- 3:00 – 4:00 PM: Doing Business with the City of San Francisco
- 3:00 – 4:30 PM: Beyond the Basics: Social Media & SEO Hacks for Business Owners
Tuesday, May 16
- 8:30 – 10:00 AM: How to Make a Living Making Food
- 9:00 – 10:30 AM: Intro to Lean Startup
- 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Essentials of Small Business Bookkeeping
- 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM: Purchasing Commercial Real Estate for Your Small Business
- 1:00 – 2:30 PM: Build Credit to Grow Your Business
- 12:30 – 2:00 PM: Influential Selling: How to Turn Connections Into Revenue
- 3:00 – 4:30 PM: Networking 101
- 3:30 – 5:00 PM: The Make It Happen Blueprint – Four Decisions That Determine Your Future Success and Happiness
- 6:00 – 8:00 PM: 12 BIG Mistakes Small Employers Make
- 6:00 – 8:00 PM: Franchising Basics: What You Should know to Consider a Franchise
Wednesday, May 17
- 9:00AM – 3:00PM: Federal/State Basic Payroll Tax Seminar
- 7:00 – 9:00 AM: Golden Gate Business Association Toastmasters Club
- 8:30 – 10:00 AM: Immigration Law in the Employment Context
- 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Small Business Financing
- 12:30 – 2:00 PM: The Future of Video Marketing
- 2:30 – 4:00 PM: Building the Perfect Elevator Pitch
- 4:00 – 5:30 PM: Immigration Policy & Diversity in the Restaurant Industry
- 5:30 – 7:00 PM: Before You Sign That Lease
Thursday, May 18
- 8:30 -10:00 AM: Art of Negotiation: Getting What You Deserve
- 9:00 – 10:30 AM: Smart Tools to Save Money with Energy Resources
- 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Funding Your Small Business
- 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM; Get Federal Funding for High Tech Research (SBIR/STTR)
- 12:30 – 3:30 PM: Social Media: LinkedIn, Email Marketing & Your Website
- 1:00 – 2:30 PM: Four Steps to the Perfect Logo
- 3:00 – 4:30 PM: Training, Mentoring, Counseling, Financing and More – Non-Profit Services For Entrepreneurs
- 3:30 – 5:00 PM: Leading The Charge: Stories from Success in Contracting
Friday, May 19
- 8:30 – 10:00 AM: Here Today But Planning for Tomorrow: The Next Gen and Your Business
- 9:00 – 10:00 AM: The Power of the Inbox: Tips and Tricks for Successful Email Marketing
- 10:30 -12:00: Grow Your Business Online
- 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM: Winning the Trade Game with Export Finance
- 12:30 – 2:00 PM: Empowering Women Business Owners: Inspiration – How To Get It And Keep It
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates, announcements and interviews with City Resources. #SFSBW2017
Thank you to Bank of America for joining us as the Presenting Sponsor and Comcast Business for joining us as the Flavors Host.
We’d also like to thank the following organizations for their sponsorship and donations that help make SF Small Business Week possible: Bank of the West, Bar Association of San Francisco Lawyer Referral and Information Service, Bay Area Development Company, Capital Access, CDC Small Business Finance, HSBC Bank, USA, Main Street Launch, Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center, Pacific Gas & Electric Co, Potluck Consulting, Recology, San Francisco Business Times, San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency, San Francisco Office of Small Business, Sterling Bank & Trust, Straus Events, TMC Financing, University of San Francisco and U.S. Bank.
Special thanks to the 2017 San Francisco Small Business Week Committee: Golden Gate Business Association, Mission Economic Development Agency, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, San Francisco African American Chamber of Commerce, San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, San Francisco Council of District Merchants Association, San Francisco Economic Development Alliance, San Francisco Office of Small Business, sf.citi, Small Business Development Center, U.S. Small Business Administration and Working Solutions.